Grant Proposal Guidelines
Proposals to the Foundation should set forth the material terms of the grant. A prospective grantee should be prepared to work closely with program staff in revising and refining the proposal before it is finalized. When preparing an invited proposal, please note that the Foundation values concision and few, if any, superlatives in proposal narratives.
Applicants will be invited to submit a proposal through the Foundation's grantee portal, Fluxx. Invited proposals should follow the requirements set forth in the Foundation's "Grant Proposal Guidelines" (see below).
- Higher Education and Scholarship in the Humanities (PDF)
- Arts and Cultural Heritage (PDF)
- Scholarly Communications (PDF)
Prospective grantees should consult the following policies before submission of an invited proposal:
- the complete Grantmaking Policies;
- the Foundation's Intellectual Property Policy, for proposals involving the development of software and/or the creation of digital images or content; and
- "Guidelines for Grants Involving Consultants and/or Contractors" (PDF).