Operations Administrative Coordinator: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. It makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place). The Foundation seeks an Operations Administrative Coordinator.
The overarching goal for Foundation operations is to enable efficient, collaborative, and impactful work both within the Foundation and with our broader community, work that advances our social justice mission. The Operations team is the epicenter for coordination of this work across the Foundation and with external partners.
The Administrative Coordinator for the Operations team assists the Director and team with project coordination and administrative tasks including meeting scheduling and development of meeting materials to support Operations initiatives and ongoing Operations activities. The role is detail-oriented and requires flexibility, adaptability, and creativity to accomplish the basic priorities along with tasks arising from the circumstances of the moment. The Operations Administrative Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Operations and Business Systems, and also takes assignments from and works closely with other Operations team members.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Project coordination support for the Director and Operations team members;
- Develop project materials such as project briefings and presentations;
- Manage calendars and appointment schedules for the Director;
- Track, catalogue, and file department resource materials;
- Assist with planning and coordination of small projects, research, and trainings;
- Assist with contract review and approvals, vendor management, and invoice processing;
- Manage Foundation team contacts and responsibilities;
- Manage Foundation Events calendar in coordination with multiple teams;
- Assist with planning and coordinating arrangements for on- and off-site meetings;
- Assist with welcoming and providing hospitality to visitors;
- Prepare invoices and expense reports and track reimbursements for staff and guests;
- Manage travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for the Director and Operations staff.
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree, preferably in business, and have a minimum of 2–3 years full-time experience in an office environment. In addition, applicants should possess the following qualifications:
- Computer literacy and proficiency, with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and web-based systems;
- Technologically savvy and proficiency in MS Office Suite, with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools;
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, to anticipate and meet deadlines, and to respond to unanticipated problems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Competence in spelling, grammar, editing, and proofreading;
- Experience working with vendors and internal staff on contracts, invoices, and expenses;
- Experience scheduling large meetings with internal and external participants and coordinating complex schedules;
- Ability to serve as a detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with an appetite for learning program priorities and conventions;
- Ability to be flexible and to prioritize a high volume of information;
- Ability to interact in an efficient, courteous, and diplomatic manner with a wide variety of internal and external professionals;
- Energy, diligence, initiative, follow-through, precision, tact, discretion, good-will, and commitment to collegiality;
- Understanding of and commitment to the goals of the program and the Foundation.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions.
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume and thoughtful cover letter to: Operations Administrative Coordinator. We will consider each response carefully, but interview only those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.