IT Solutions Architect: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas: higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects. The Foundation seeks an IT Solutions Architect capable of assuming a wide range of responsibilities in the Information Technology department.
The IT Solutions Architect ("Architect") reports to the director of Information Technology. The Architect is responsible for (i) Establishing, documenting, and maintaining the Foundation's reference architecture, security controls, and services catalog. (ii) Developing, documenting, and monitoring the Foundation's IT strategic plans, policies, and practices. (iii) Developing optimal IT solutions that deliver value to the Foundation's mission and operations.
The Architect understands the Foundation's strategic goals and operations and partners with leadership to focus on improving business process management, IT security, data management, quality assurance and best-in-class service delivery. A wide degree of creativity, leadership, and latitude is expected.
- Work with departmental leaders, application developers, architects, operations and third party service providers as the primary relationship manager to implement solutions that effectively reflect organizational needs and service level requirements; responsible for and oversee the performance and work effort of these resources
- Develop, document, and monitor the Foundation's IT reference architecture, services catalog, and IT security architecture, including necessary supporting policies and procedures
- Work to determine, manage, prioritize, and mitigate IT and business risk through solutions development, project execution, and IT operational oversight
- Evaluate new technologies and evolving industry best practices and provide recommendations to management, including planning and execution of POC activities, looking for ways to leverage these activities for improving user experience, quality outcomes, efficiency and/or increased productivity
- Manage Foundation and external IT resources including consultants in highly matrixed and dynamic team structures
Attributes / Qualifications
- Strong leadership capabilities on a broad range of organization-wide projects with a keen sense of responsibility and attention to detail
- Collaborative team player, highest level of communication, information sharing, and transparency
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities and a high level of analytical and creative skills
- Ability to translate Foundation departmental and user needs into technical requirements for IT solutions engineering
- Highly ethical and committed to the values of the Foundation and maintenance of confidentiality
Required Skills and Experience
- A bachelor's degree (master's preferred), in computer science, business, liberal arts, or other related fields plus a minimum of 5 years in an IT leadership role
- Demonstrated experience planning and developing end-to-end IT solutions covering middleware, application server, public/private cloud, database, security, and reporting technologies
- Working experience in web-services leveraging Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) design practices and other industry standards
- Experience delivering organization-wide projects as the project manager including working experience with System Development Life Cycle models including Waterfall, and Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Experience in Cloud Service Delivery and supporting technologies
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theandreww&jobId=69270&lang=en_US&source=CC3. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.