IT Service Engineer: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grant making organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks an IT Service Engineer capable of assuming a wide range of responsibilities in the Information Technology department.
The IT Service Engineer ("Engineer") reports to the Director of Information Technology. The Engineer is responsible for triaging, assigning and acting on open service tickets and works in collaboration with the Foundation's current IT outsource provider, other Foundation staff, consultants and/or service firms to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. The Engineer installs, configures, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of software, services, products and equipment. In addition, the Engineer trains staff, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, and orders/replaces parts as needed. The Engineer determines and recommends which products or services best fit the staffs' needs.
Among the responsibilities, the IT Service Engineer:
- Works in collaboration with the Foundation's current outsource provider to coordinate all aspects of the Foundation's IT incident and request management processes and related field operations
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the Foundation's ticketing system, field technology, infrastructure, related vendors and support services
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the Foundation's IT provisioning, de-provisioning processes and related technologies
- Initiates, develops/refines and implements standard operating procedures, guidelines, standards and related documentation as required
- Maintains an accurate, up to date, service catalog and inventory of the Foundation's IT hardware, software, services, access controls and security entitlements
- Provides staff and others with training and guidance on the use of the Foundation's information technology and services as requested or as needed
- Performs IT (and telephony) hardware, software and/or services installations, repairs and configuration as needed
- Provides all support necessary to close service events promptly, within the SLO and to the satisfaction of the staff
- Provides technical support for meetings and events
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system
- Protects and advises on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the Foundation's information technology
- Along with the Director of IT and the Senior IT Service Engineer, coordinates or directs the work of others including: engineers, interns, and vendors
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested by the Director of IT
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and/or certifications in areas of specialty such as Microsoft, CompTIA A+/Network+/Security+, Cisco
- Experience in the following systems, applications, and network hardware required: Microsoft technologies including Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Server
- Knowledge or direct experience with a service framework such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library strongly recommended
- Minimum of 2–3 years of professional experience in the information technology field working with enterprise-level technology infrastructure
- Familiarity with a variety of information systems concepts, practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated technical skills in client/server environments (Microsoft), wide area networks, local area networks, storage area networks, email services, internet services, telecommunications, and remote system management
- Experience with the following technologies also desired: TCP/IP, firewall and systems security, data backup, network and system monitoring, network switching and routing, disaster recovery, software distribution
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theandreww&jobId=70910&lang=en_US&source=CC3. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.