Investment Operations Analyst: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects).
The Foundation seeks an Investment Operations Analyst to join its Investment Office. The analyst will be a key part of the investment operations team that supports externally managed investment portfolios. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of academic achievement, experience working in a multi-paced environment, and success working as part of a team to achieve common goals.
The Investment Office oversees the Foundation's investment portfolio, which is diversified across five asset classes with different risk and return characteristics. The Investment Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Investment Operations, and together they will provide support to a number of investment analysts, portfolio managers, and the Chief Investment Officer. The person appointed to this position will have multiple responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Performance Reporting: Ensure the timely capture of returns, fund valuations, and cash flows, together with the accurate reconciliation of manager statements and custodian records. Validate fund, asset class, and portfolio returns.
- Private Equity Operations: Monitor the capital call and distribution process flow for private equity funds, interact with Investment Accounting team and the 3rd party custodian regarding new funds, liquidations, cash activity, and valuations. Track cash flows and valuations in Private I. Monitor reporting specific to private partnership investments to ensure accurate records for a number of key data points, including valuations and unfunded commitment amounts. Resolve outstanding discrepancies between fund financial statements and Private Informant.
- Oversight of email and document management through use of the Code Red RMS application.
- Administration of data warehouse, including management of static data and incoming data files.
- Assist the Director of Investment Operations with the publication of the Foundation's quarterly investment committee materials.
- Assist with the oversight of vendors, including monitoring of service levels, validating invoices, ensuring data integrity, and query resolution between the Foundation and the vendor.
- Continually look for ways to make process workflows more efficient by increasing automation, eliminating redundancies, and strengthening checks and controls.
- Provide a level of support for the Director of Investment Operations that will result in a seamless operation during periods of absence by the Director.
- Undergraduate degree (minimum).
- Experience: 3–5 years related experience in investment operations, with an investment office, global custodian, asset manager, or fund administrator. Knowledge of cash and trade settlements is essential. Experience in private equity and hedge fund operations would be highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of industry performance reporting standards.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of Business Intelligence platforms a plus.
- Ability to identify improvements in processes as well as having the innovation to create new and more effective workflows.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with colleagues in the Investment Office, across the Foundation, and others outside of the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail as well as having a keen sense of prioritization and planning.
- Highly professional team player with non-negotiable integrity.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and excellent working conditions.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=theandreww&jobId=85248&lang=en_US&source=CC3. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.