Investment Intern: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation (“Foundation”) believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. The Foundation makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place).
The Foundation is seeking an Investment Intern to work with the Investment Team during a 10-week intensive program. The Investment Team is responsible for managing the Foundation’s endowment which comprises over $9 billion in assets across public and private investments. The Investment Intern will support a range of projects throughout their time at the Foundation and will gain exposure to a wide spectrum of investment opportunities and asset classes.
- Perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing and prospective investment managers
- Participate in special projects at the asset class or portfolio level
- Assist with performance and risk reporting
- Track and coordinate reports, financial statements, capital calls, distributions, correspondence, and legal documents
- Provide general support to team members
- Completion of sophomore or junior year by May 2022 at an undergraduate institution
- Strong academic background, including quantitative coursework
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, multi-task, and collaborate on a team
- A compelling interest in and knowledge of the financial markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and high level of professionalism
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume at: INVESTMENT INTERN 2022. We will consider each response carefully but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position