Investment Intern: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and defend the centrality of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse, fair, and democratic societies. It makes grants in four core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks an Investment Intern to provide support in the management of the investment portfolio.
The Investment Intern will participate in a 10-week intensive program alongside Investment Analysts and Portfolio Managers.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing and prospective investment managers; attend meetings with existing and prospective investment managers
- Participate in special projects at the asset class or portfolio level
- Assist with monthly and quarterly performance reporting and reconciliation
- Track and coordinate reports, financial statements, capital calls, distributions, correspondence, and legal documents
- Provide general support to team members
- Opportunity to present research findings to the investment team at the end of the summer
- Completion of sophomore or junior year by May 2020 at an undergraduate institution
- Strong academic background, including quantitative coursework
- Outstanding analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, multi-task, and collaborate on a team
- A compelling interest in and knowledge of the financial markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel skills
- Commitment to the Foundation's mission and high level of professionalism
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume to: Investment Intern 2020. We will consider each response carefully but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.