Intern: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks an Intern to assist in meeting and event planning.
Reporting to the Deputy to the President and Chief Planner and the Event and Meeting Planner, the Intern will participate in a full-time, 8 to 10 week program supporting the office of the president. The intern will provide a wide range of administrative, organizational, and research support.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Answer and/or field telephone calls and communications, and respond as appropriate
- Assist with research
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Currently working towards BA/BS or master's degree
- Nonprofit experience with demonstrated ability to anticipate next steps, take initiative, exercise discretion, and apply sound judgment
- Must be flexible, highly organized and have a proven ability to juggle multiple and competing tasks and demands and impeccable follow-up and attention to detail
- High level of interpersonal skills and discretion to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Pay close attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to be highly productive working independently and as a member of a team
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPreview.faces?client=theandreww&jobId=87948&lang=en_US&source=CC2. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.