Human Resources Coordinator: Job Description
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. It makes grants in five core program areas (higher education and scholarship in the humanities; arts and cultural heritage; diversity; scholarly communications; and international higher education and strategic projects). The Foundation seeks a Human Resources Coordinator.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Coordinator delivers daily support to staff and provides assistance in the management of Human Resources' programs and guidelines for recruitment, employee relations, benefits and compensation, performance management, training, and organizational development. The HR Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Human Resources and provide support to the Manager of HR Operations and an HR Generalist.
The HR Coordinator's responsibilities include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource department
- Provide administrative support on a daily basis and perform additional projects as needed
- Pro-actively manage multiple calendars; schedule internal and external meetings; help to prioritize and plan activities according to the goals of the department
- Plan and coordinate logistics for site visits and/or off-site meetings; provide on-site meeting support as necessary, and provide appropriate follow up to complete the logistics following the meeting
- Provide logistical support for all on-site training programs, including orientation, vendor coordination, materials, room setup, catering, and post-session follow-up
- Manage inquiries via phone and email; route correspondence to staff as appropriate and assist to prepare responses in advance where possible
- Perform standard administrative duties such as answer phones, make copies, send faxes, mail documents and maintain a variety of files as required
- Support presentation and communications preparation using Excel spreadsheets and charts, PowerPoint presentations, and compile other materials or data as required
- Respond to general queries and effectively communicate processes and Human Resource procedures to managers, and staff
- Support and assist on Human Resource processes such as open enrollment, recruitment, and learning and development initiatives
- Process all invoices for the Human Resource department including coordinating payments with the Accounting department
- Coordinate recruitment effort by posting openings, scheduling screens and interviews, and providing updates to applicants and hiring managers
- Coordinate and maintain employment-related documentation and accurate records
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree and 2+ years' related on-the-job experience
- Knowledge of human resource functions, policies, procedures, and employment law
- Experience providing HR administrative support
- Detailed oriented with a sense of urgency on all tasks including the ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS
- Superior interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated multitasking, organizational, problem-solving, and team-playing skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, integrity, and diplomacy
- Flexible and friendly approach to applicants, fellow employees, and managers
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary,
outstanding benefits, and excellent working conditions.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume to: HR Coordinator. The Foundation will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals it believes are most qualified for the position.