Deskside Support Technician: Job Description
The Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. It makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place). The Foundation seeks a Deskside Support Technician.
The Deskside Support Technician reports to the Manager of IT Infrastructure Operations. The Technician is responsible to triage, assign and act on open tickets and work in collaboration with the Foundation's current IT outsource providers and other Foundation staff, consultants and/or service firms, to resolve customer affecting technical issues in a timely fashion to achieve maximum customer satisfaction. The Technician installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains an extensive variety of software, services, products, and equipment. In addition, the Technician trains staff, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders, and replaces parts as needed.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of Foundation's ticketing system, field technology, infrastructure, related vendors, and support services
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the Foundation's IT provisioning, de-provisioning processes and related technologies
- Provides staff and others with training and guidance on the use of the Foundation's information technology and services as requested or as needed
- Perform IT, audiovisual and telephony hardware, software and/or services installations, repairs and configuration as needed
- Provide all support necessary to close service events promptly, within the SLO and to the satisfaction of the staff
- Provide timely, accurate and unambiguous updates to the ticketing system
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all the Foundation's information technology
- Provides support for meetings and events requiring audiovisual setup and configuration
- Performs moves and relocations of IT equipment as required
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested by the Manager of IT Infrastructure Operations or the Senior Service Engineer
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree or certifications in areas of specialty such as Microsoft, A+, CompTIA, Apple
- Minimum of 1–3 years of professional experience in the information technology field working with enterprise-level technology and infrastructure
- Experience in the following systems, applications and network hardware required: Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows 10/11, Office 365, Audiovisual technologies
- Experience working with Apple devices would be preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of information system's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge or direct experience with a service framework such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library would be a plus
- Demonstrated technical skills and familiarity in client/server environments (Microsoft), local area networks, email services, internet services, unified communications, audiovisual systems, and remote system management
- Experience in the following technologies would be helpful: networking, data backup, software distribution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- The ability to support flexible working hours, including periodic off-hours and weekend support
- The ability to physically lift and move up to 40 pounds as needed
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive salary and excellent working conditions.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter here. We will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.