Applications Manager: Job Description
The Mellon Foundation ("Foundation") believes that the arts and humanities are where we express our complex humanity, and we believe that everyone deserves the beauty, transcendence, and freedom to be found there. Through our grants, we seek to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. It makes grants in four core program areas (Higher Learning, Arts and Culture, Public Knowledge, and Humanities in Place). The Foundation seeks an Applications Manager.
Mellon is seeking an Applications Manager to provide application support to the end users as well as assist in management of the various enterprise applications reporting to the Information Technology ("IT") Director.
The Applications Manager collaborates closely with a diverse and talented team of experts across the IT staff, colleagues, and stakeholders across the Foundation. The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business is essential.
- Monitor the software applications and document / analyze problems
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure the proper integration of the organization’s various applications
- Work closely with the IT team and vendors to tune and troubleshoot application issues
- Provide hands-on and/or telephone technical support to client end users
- Enter, retrieve, forward, edit, and close service tickets using a ticketing system
- This individual will work closely with specific manufacturers to maintain software patches, updates, and releases
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified applications
- Build and maintain system documentation
- Plan, coordinate, test, and communicate changes, upgrades/maintenance schedules, and new services of applications within the organization
- Provide application training to end‐users
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and business processes
Applicants should possess:
- 3–5 years as an Application Manager or Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications / Office 365
- Excellent customer service / verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with organization, decision making and time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Knowledgeable on software installations
- Ability to quickly find solutions to user's application needs
- Demonstrated ability to be the subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining, and administering complex applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener and work well with a diverse group of customers and IT
- Ability to multitask in a fast‐paced environment
Mellon Foundation is committed to providing compensation that is competitive and equitable within the philanthropic sector. The estimated salary range for this role is $120,000–$160,000. The amount of pay offered will be determined by a number of factors, including but not limited to qualifications, unique skills, credentials or experience that is expected to impact the candidate's contribution to the role. We will also consider market data as well as the Foundation's internal pay equity framework. Mellon offers a generous total reward package that provides base salary as well as a comprehensive benefits program.
Candidates should apply by submitting a thoughtful cover letter describing fit for the position together with a resume and cover letter here.
The Foundation will consider each response carefully, but only contact those individuals it believes are most qualified for the position.